NG Associates offer Legionella Risk Assessments to help compliance with current UK Regulations.
HSE Guidelines state that:
As an employer, or a person in control of the premises (including landlords), you are responsible for health and safety and need to take the right precautions to reduce the risks of exposure to legionella. You must understand how to:
- identify and assess sources of risk
- manage any risks
- prevent or control any risks
- keep and maintain the correct records
- carry out any other duties you may have
Carrying out a risk assessment is your responsibility. You may be competent to carry out the assessment yourself but, if not, we are able to offer our services.
Our risk assessments include:
- management responsibilities, including the name of the competent person and a description of your system
- competence and training of key personnel
- any identified potential risk sources
- any means of preventing the risk or controls in place to control risks
- monitoring, inspection and maintenance procedures
- records of the monitoring results and inspection and checks carried out
- arrangements to review the risk assessment regularly, particularly when there is reason to suspect it is no longer valid
For more information please refer to The Approved Code of Practice: Legionnaires' disease. The control of legionella bacteria in water systems which practical guidance on how to manage and control the risks in your system, or feel free to contact us.